Why Affiliate with the Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs
- Partner with other Men's Clubs in your area and across the continent
- Gain access to FJMC leaders with the experience to provide new program ideas and ways to solve problems
- Gain access to a wide array of programs and materials some for free and others at greatly reduced prices
- Learn how to expand your Men's Club's activities and how to involve your Board members to a greater extent
- Create friendships and relationships outside of your congregation
- Get more involved in community activities through partnerships with other affiliated clubs
What is the Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs?
The Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs is comprised of approximately 200 affiliated Men's Clubs and Brotherhoods throughout North America. At its Biennial Convention of 2021,the FJMC opened its doors to Men's Clubs and Brotherhoods of any Jewish men's club or brotherhood, whether affiliated with the Reform, Reconstructionist, Orthodox movements, or unaffiliated with any particular Jewish movement.
The FJMC is divided into 14 regions which provide direct program assistance and advice to their various member clubs. In addition, the regions sponsor and develop area-wide activities to enhance the role of clubs in their congregations and to address the regional and global needs of Jewish Community. These activities are often social in nature (dinners, retreats), but they can also be structured as learning opportunities. Working together a region can develop programs that one club alone would not be able to manage.
Individual Men's Clubs range in size from more than 700 members to fewer than 25. Each Men's Club is different. Some stress recreational activities, while others concentrate on community involvement. Still others are leaders in enhancing Jewish observance in their congregations. All clubs establish their own priorities, set up their own program schedules, and maintain their own treasuries. What they all have in common, however, is that they draw on the outstanding programs and expertise of the Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs.