"Light Your Men's Club's Way with Torch Awards."
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be given at the next International Convention. Awards will be given for innovative, adapted or enhanced program development in each category. Programs should be submitted for consideration in one of the following Categories:
- Club Administration - publicity, membership enhancement, leadership training, etc
- Community Outreach - programs that donate time and/or resources to benefit the community
- Educational Programming – programs focused on learning in an area outside of other categories, whether for youth or adults
- FJMC Other – programs which are not included in the other torch award categories
- Fundraising – programs which involve your club and community in raising funds
- Health and Wellness - programs that promote physical and mental health
- Hearing Men’s Voices – innovative formats or topics which engage new members in ongoing sessions; integrating into other synagogue activities; or formation of new HMV groups in other communities
- Israel / Masorti - programs that promote Israeli or Masorti causes worldwide
- Jewish Observance - programs that encourage, promote, and develop Jewish observance
- Joint Programming – programs run between local, regional, national, or international clubs
- Keruv – trained lay/professional partnerships which welcome interfaith men and women into our synagogues and family life
- Men's Club Shabbat – programs which engage members as Shabbat leaders and grow your club
- Programming for Younger Men – when we reach out to younger men, we strengthen our abilities
- Shomrei Ha’aretz - programs that promote and address environmental concerns
- Synagogue Service Project - programs to support specific needs of the congregation
- World Wide Wrap – we lead by example and teach through innovative engagement using all media, method and spirit.
- Yom HaShoah Yellow Candle – programs which distribute Yellow Candles and encourage remembrance
- Youth Programming - programs which engage young members of our congregations
If you are not sure of the most appropriate category, the chairs will review your subscription and decide for you.
- Best Overall Activities: This award category recognizes a club’s high standard of planning and implementation of a full year’s activities as judged by the sum of the club’s overall programming. To apply for this award, please include, in Section 4 of the application, a list of all programs run by your club in a 12 month consecutive period, as well as detailed summaries of all major programs. You may reference individual current year Torch Award applications in your submission for this award.
Criteria for excellence in any program may include the following:
- Innovative formats and/or topics
- Engaging new members or new leadership
- Building deeper engagement of existing club members
- Establishing a deep and rich curriculum of topics
- Building inter-club relationships through joint sessions
- Other program features that epitomize "Leadership, Innovation and Community".