At the 2018 LDI, a proposal was submitted to create a Quality Region Award. This proposal was discussed and approved at the January 2019 FJMC Executive Committee meeting. A decision was made to create and publish award criteria for 2017-19 and present one or more regions with this award at the 2019 Biennial Convention in Toronto. The criteria is found below and is downloadable at this link. Please submit your application no later than May 31, 2019 to email@example.com.
Quality Region Award Criteria 2017-19
CLUB ACTIVITIES: (Choose any 4)
- 25% of clubs have registered online for the 2018 and 2019 World Wide Wrap and conducted the 2018 and 2019 Wrap.
- 50% of clubs have paid their dues in full to the FJMC as of June 1, 2019 and less than 1/3 have prior year (2017-18 or earlier) past due balances.
- 50% of clubs have submitted a current and/or updated membership list between June 1, 2018 and June 1, 2019. For your information, dues for the following year are based on the roster detail as of August 31st of each year.
- 50% of clubs have, within the last year, run any FJMC Program (as listed on fjmc.org)
- 25% of the clubs sent at least one member to the 2017 Convention.
- 50% of the clubs have or will be conducting a Men’s Club Shabbat June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2019 (Friday night, Saturday morning, or both). Please provide the date.
- 25% of the clubs won the Quality Club Award (QCA) in 2018 or 2019.
- 25% of the clubs share calendar and event information with the region and/or other clubs. Please provide the link to the calendar
REGION ACTIVITIES: (Choose any 6)
- Aid clubs by purchasing, organizing and or distributing FJMC Shoah Yellow Candles within the last year.
- At least 25% of the region’s executive board attended Leadership Development Institute (LDI), an FJMC Executive Committee or Board of Directors Meeting since July 1, 2018 and/or the 2017 Convention.
- The region conducts(ed) or actively participates(ed) in a regional retreat since the 2017 convention. Please provide the date.
- The region has a regular newsletter or other regular communication to the Club Presidents.
- The region conducts training sessions other than at retreat for its clubs’ leaders within the last 2 years (June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2019) such as a regional LDI.
- The region holds a recognition event for regional and club honorees such as a Man and/or Youth of the Year each year. Please provide the date and the type of the last event held.
- Has someone in place as of June 1, 2019, to be the next or continuing regional president. (Person does not need to have the formal title of first vice president, but must acknowledge his willingness to serve and his name must be submitted to satisfy this requirement.). Please provide the person’s name.
- Has a written and adopted budget for the 2017-18 or 2018-19 program year. Please attach it.
- Has a published calendar of activities for the 2017-18 or 2018-19 program year. Please attach it.
- Has an elected FJMC regional officer who is serving on the FJMC Executive Board or actively serving on an International FJMC committee within the last year.
- Has active discussions about joining FJMC with at least 1 club not affiliated with FJMC during the region’s 2018 – 2019 programing year. Please provide Club name and contact information. This cannot be the same Club more than one application in a row.
- Each club has a designated mentor, sponsor, contact, etc. from the region’s executive or governing board. Please provide list.
- Has provided the financial data requested by the FJMC treasurer for fiscal years 2017-18 and 2018-19. For your information, this data is needed by the FJMC in preparation of a Form 990 if requested by the government to provide.