Bulk mail delivery is tricky and can result in inadvertent overcharges. Prices are subject to change. If you are planning to bulk mail candles, be sure to work with your local postmaster well in advance of the time you will be mailing candles. This will ensure you get the best price to mail your candles.
The following is an outline of the requirements for distribution of Yellow CandlesTM via bulk mail with the United States Postal Service (USPS). The information is current as of November 4, 2018, and is subject to change.
Quick links to below sections:
- Synagogue or organization must have a bulk mailing permit number. The post office that issued the permit is a bulk mail distribution location.
- Must use the FJMC provided box to meet minimum size for best pricing.
- Total weight sample was 5.5 oz. – candle, box, envelope, two page 8 ½ x 11.
- Mail must be sorted by zip + 4 code.
- Each box must contain: mailing bar code IMPB.
a. Mailing Bar code LAB 400. The bar code is provided by the bulk Distribution post office at no charge. Request the number that you need. Without a bar code, the additional cost is $.20 per box.
b. The address label and bar code must be on same side of box with no part wrapping the edges of the box.
c. Your permit Indicia on every box.
- Post office will provide at no charge a “NUMBER 1 MAILING SACK” the sack has an insert to put the zip code of the boxes in the sack. Pre-register shipment on web site before going to post office, see below, how to register.
- Cost of each box at a DECF facility properly packed and documented is $0.815:
“USPS Marketing Mail Nonprofit Parcels, Machinable Parcels”.
- Cost of mailing a first class 6 oz. is $3.75.
- DSCF – Destination Sectional Center Facility
- BMEU -business Mail Entry Unit
- DNDC – Destination Network Distribution Center closest to you, go to www.usps.com
Select the following prompts:
a. Postal Explorer
b. Business solution tab
c. Labeling list
d. Effective date
e. Look for L005 -3 digit zip code prefix SCF
f. After you find city, Google to find address
g. Local zip codes $.505 rate + cost per pounds $.454 should cost club $.73 per box.
- To find Local BMEU, higher price location, go to www.usps.com
a. Quick tools
b. Find USPS locations
c. Select business TAB
d. Enter zip code
e. Select Post Office
f. Look to see if it is a Bulk Mail Facility
g. None Mixed DNC rate Local zip codes is $1.246 + cost per pound $.941.
- Register online at post office where your mail permit was obtained. Select the following prompts at www.usps.com:
- Business Customer Gateway
- Register for free
- Attach Permit to Gateway account
- Postal Wizard
- 3602 Postal Statement Non-profit (PS Form 3602-NZ)
- Mailing Date – deliver to USPS week before shipping date.
- Pick Permit Number
- Pick non-profit
- Pick post office
- Fill form – see our sample at this link
- Pay for shipment
- Print Confirmation Page and bring to post office with shipment
- Select following prompts at www.usps.com:
- Mail & ship
- Order stamps & supplies
- Shop supplies- bottom of page
- USPS Tracking Labels LAB 400
- Can order 4 packs of 50 at one time.