Convention 2019 was a wonderful success. See you in 2021
View the Schedule & directory.
If you've already registered, check the sidebar menu items to your left for more information about travel, keynotes, and highlights.
Arriving at Pearson Internation Airport? Click this link for a map with walking instructions to get to the Hotel from the Union Station stop of the UP Express Train
Map of Convention Ballrooms & Meeting Rooms
Map of Toronto near the Hotel
Do you have trip insurance that covers medical? If not, Read the announcement on this link.
Driving to convention? Read this important message about car insurance:
If you are driving to convention from the United States, your Personal Auto Policy will apply in Canada as well as in the United States. HOWEVER, the Canadian government does request that you have a “Canada non-resident inter province motor vehicle liability insurance card,” otherwise known as the Pink Card for Canadians or the Yellow Card for U.S. Citizens visiting Canada. If you are stopped by a police officer as a result of a traffic violation or you are involved in an accident while in Canada, you will need to present this card or risk being fined. This card should be readily available from your insurer, but allow a week or two for it to arrive. Please contact your insurer promptly.
THE WESTIN HARBOUR CASTLE, TORONTO, CANADA
View Pricing or Get Airline Codes
Registration has Ended
Celebrating FJMC's 90th Anniversary
You don't want to miss our 2019 International Convention. Toronto is a great place for a family vacation, with the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, St. Lawrence Market, Royal Alexandra Theatre, Steam Whistle Brewery, NHL Hockey Hall of Fame, Royal Ontario Museum, and a host of other attractions for your entire family.
If you're flying into Toronto, be aware Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (formerly Toronto City Centre Airport) is one of the most convenient urban airports in the world. It is located on Toronto Island, minutes from the downtown core with links to the city by a short ferry ride or pedestrian tunnel, and is served by both Porter Airlines and Air Canada. Porter provides a unique and personal flying experience with air connections to regional Canadian and U.S. destinations, including Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, New York City (Newark) and Chicago.
SHOULD NOTE THAT ADDITIONAL DIRECT FLIGHTS INCLUDE: BOSTON, WASHINGTON, WINDSOR (DETROIT), SAULT STE. MARIE, MYRTLE BEACH AND ORLANDO AS WELL - ALSO HAS CONNECTIONS FROM OTHER PLACES BUT NOT DIRECT FLIGHTS
Monday, July 1st
Since this is Canada Day, and celebrating the 152nd Birthday of Canada, there will be lots of things to do and see a short (15 minute) walk from the hotel in Toronto. We'll be posting the particulars as they become available.
- In the evening, join us for an after-dinner Harbour Cruise on a ship back in Toronto, where we'll be entertained by a memorable fireworks display while on board the ship. The cruise will start boarding at 7:30 and leave at about 8:00 pm.
Tuesday, July 2nd
- Enjoy a day trip to Niagara Falls. The world-famous Falls are even more incredible from the Canadian side. We'll be leaving early (be prepared to get up early) so that we can drive to and from the Falls (the Canadian side, which most experts say is the more beautiful and scenic), and we'll be back in time for you to enjoy the baseball game described below. We'll be leaving the hotel at 8:00 am and return at about 5:00 pm, so that you'll be able to attend the baseball game later that evening.
- Enjoy a Toronto Blue Jays game vs. Boston Red Sox, at the Rogers Centre Stadium just minutes from the Convention Hotel. [If you're a baseball fan trying to visit all the major league stadiums in your lifetime, here is an opportunity to visit a great one to visit. And Boston was the 2018 World Series Champ! Promises to be a great game.]
Wednesday, July 3rd
- Convention Begins: Get there early enough to be a part of the Plenary Session, when you'll be able to vote for the new leadership for the FJMC.
- Join your Region in the showing of your regional colors as the 'Parade' of Regions starts the official festivities.
Thursday, July 4th
- Keynote Address (morning): Popular motivator, mentor, and inspirational speaker, Rabbi Daniel Cohen’s unique blend of authenticity, humor, wisdom, and insight helps anyone better navigate contemporary society and lead a life of legacy. Rabbi Cohen has served in the rabbinate for over twenty years and currently serves as senior Rabbi at Congregation Agudath Sholom in Stamford, CT, the largest modern orthodox synagogue in New England. Rabbi Cohen is author What Will They Say About You When You Are Gone? Creating a Life of Legacy. Fuller Bio Link
- Keynote Address (afternoon). Rabbi Mark Borovitz is a Spiritual leader, author, Senior Rabbi, ex-con, recovering alcoholic, and overall anomaly, he is able to reach both the addict and the congregant, and has worked passionately to de-stigmatize the life-threatening disease of addiction. This address relates to a new initiative between the FJMC's Foundation for Jewish Life and the FJMC dealing with Mental Health. You'll want to be there at the very start of this important initiative which deals with a subject impacting our synagogues and their families, as well as too many people around North America.
Friday, July 5th
- Keynote Address (morning): PAUL V. GODFREY, is the Executive Chairman of Postmedia Network. Postmedia Network is a Canadian news media company representing more than 160 brands across multiple print, online, and mobile platforms. Prior to the start of Postmedia Network Inc., Paul Godfrey served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Post from January 2009 to July 2010.
- Explore your Jewish Genealogical Roots as Jewish Genealogical Society of Toronto members, a network of keen genealogists, are most willing to assist you in your quest to pursue your family roots by offering presentations, workshops and meetings. Members of the Society will be at Convention in the morning and early afternoon.
Important Note: For all members outside of Canada, make sure your passport is up to date.
Convention 2017, in Washington, DC, was a great success. For 2019, we're heading back north to Toronto. Our 2001 Convention in Toronto was also very well attended. For 2019, we've selected a beautiful waterfront venue and we're planning on a number of exciting activities for you to explore the city. So plan to come early or stay a few days after convention.
Click on the Register Now button above to register. For help with registration ONLY, please e-mail email@example.com.
Note: Once you get to Pearson International Airport, you can use the discount code CAN, for a discount for the train from Pearson Airport to Union Station.
Danny Mandeau, Convention Co-Chair