Our WWW program is heavily focused on giving the Religious School students an interesting introduction to tefillin.
* We do the Build-a-Pair program with the 6th graders and general tefillin training with the 6th through 10th graders.
* Training includes not only how to wrap the tefillin but also such topics as:
- The purpose of tefillin (i.e., how tefillin motivate us to use our minds, hearts, and strength to help God complete his plan for the world).
- How tefillin are made
- What's the 4-pronged shin on the tefillin shel rosh all about? (Hint: Its actually a regular three-pronged shin in white fire)
- What are those crazy knots all about (i.e., Shaddai and how this relates the Priestly Blessing, mezuzahs, breasts (if it can be tied in appropriately), and the Vulcan salute).
- How the ancient ritual of tefillin is reflected in Star Wars and Star Trek.
- How the tefillin symbolize the marriage of God and the Jewish people.
I would be happy to send you our PowerPoint training slides if you'd like. email@example.com
* We do the WWW in the Sunday morning minyan for the synagouge as a whole and another WWW with the Sunday Religious School students using their Build-a-Pair and real tefillin.
Probably would be good if this site was able to accept uploads of documents related to this program to facilitate sharing.